Students enhance their expertise within a chosen design field, including visual communication design, industrial design, interior architecture and digital media design. They also broaden their skills and knowledge in design practice, 3D printing, interaction design, design management, computer-aided design and visualisation tools.
Students in the Master of Design at Swinburne University of Technology develop the professional capabilities and knowledge to become leaders in their field, as well as skills and strategies that enable them to be accomplished practitioners.
They may also undertake study in related areas, including business innovation, marketing and media. Students have the option to participate in study tours and projects with Design Factory Melbourne.
Graduates will have industry level skills and basic research abilities enabling them to find employment in senior or strategic roles in design companies and other organisations as designers or in research roles. Entrepreneurial graduates may be able to start their own business ventures. Graduates will also have the ability to move into further study at PhD level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inclusive and Participatory Design
- Design Principles
- Studio 4: Open Studio
- Studio 6: Design-led Research
- Studio 8: Applied Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 14 other Masters in Graphic Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code- 088128A
- One of:
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline plus relevant professional experience** in design or a related field*
- Completion of postgraduate studies (graduate certificate / graduate diploma) in design or related field.*
- * Related fields may include architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, digital arts, creative arts, multimedia or digital media (web, mobile applications, audio or video production), product design engineering, design technology, games, animation and interactivity, and creative industries.
- ** Relevant professional experience must be documented in either a portfolio (see below) or a detailed CV (see below).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33580 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33580 AUD per year during 24 months.
National27600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.