The M.S.N. degree in Nursing at Pennsylvania State University consists of a base program and two options:
- The Nurse Administrator option enables the student to acquire advanced knowledge of organizational leadership, health policy, and evidence-based health care delivery. The program is designed to prepare students for leadership and administrative roles in a variety of health care settings.
- The Nurse Educator option enables the student to acquire advanced knowledge of evidence-based teaching and learning principles, curriculum development, and evaluative techniques. The program is designed to prepare students for educator roles in a variety of academic and health care settings.
The M.S.N. program outcomes are to prepare nurses to:
- Lead change to improve quality outcomes
- Advance a culture of excellence through lifelong learning
- Build and lead collaborative interprofessional care teams
- Navigate and integrate care services across the healthcare systems
- Design innovative nursing practices
- Translate evidence into practice
- Demonstrate option-specific competencies based on the national guidelines
- Issues in Nursing and Health Care
- Theoretical and Scientific Foundations of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Evidence-Based Practice in Professional Nursing
- Comprehensive Assessment of the Older Adult
- Interventions for Common Health Issues in Older Adults
- Overview of Nursing Scholarship
- Epistemology of Nursing Science
- Literature Synthesis for Nursing Science
- Advanced Seminar in Nursing Science
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Nurse Scientist
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 783 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Pennsylvania State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor's degree in Nursing from a U.S. regionally accredited institution, or a postsecondary degree in Nursing that is equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree earned from an officially recognized degree-granting international institution.
- Two letters of reference are required for the M.S. degree program.
- All applicants must submit a statement of purpose.
- GRE scores are not required for the M.S.N. or D.N.P. applicants, but if the scores are submitted to Penn State they will be reviewed as part of the application.
- English proficiency test scores (TOEFL/IELTS) may be required for international applicants.
International43260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43260 USD per year during 12 months.
National43260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43260 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State26062 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26062 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.