Applied Exercise Physiology offered by University of Brighton gives you an opportunity to deepen your understanding of applied exercise physiology and the careers that can emerge from it.
A priority throughout will be to develop a blend of hard, technical skills alongside softer interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence that is essential to become a practitioner in the workplace.
89% of our most recent graduates secured a physiology-related position within two months of submitting their final research project and prior to graduating. Most were clinical exercise physiology positions: cardiographers, respiratory and cardiac physiologists, trainee clinical scientists.
Roles our recent Applied Physiology MSc graduates have secured include:
- Cardiographer, Guys & St Thomas' Hospitals
- Regional Clinical Fitness Lead, Nuffield Health (Angel Islington and South)
- Health screening specialist, Bluecrest Health Screening
- Exercise scientist, Corporate Health Management, Melbourne
- Lead physiologist, Trainsharp Cycle Coaching
- Data analyst, Nisus Consulting Limited
- Clinical physiologist, BUPA
- Soft tissue therapist, Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Skills for Physiological Assessment
- Science in Practice
- Personal and Professional Development
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Final Research Project
- Exercise Tolerance
- Applied Environmental Physiology
- Science of Physical Performance and Training
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Generally there's no deadline for applying for a postgraduate course at Brighton.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Nutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences View 378 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- A good related honours degree (typically 2:1 or above) in sport or exercise sciences, or a relevant science-based degree such as psychology, physiology, biochemistry or zoology. Graduates in more fundamental sciences such as chemistry, physics and mathematics may also be acceptable. Applicants without the minimum qualifications may also be considered, providing they can demonstrate the appropriate background, work experience etc.
- sustained and substantial work in a field cognate to the degree at an appropriate level
- the ability to undertake, write up and present an honours level research study
- an appropriate level understanding of research methods and human physiology
- the ability to study independently and effectively and to communicate effectively.
International13572 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13572 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7704 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7704 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Eastbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.