This advanced degree in Literacy Education at Pennsylvania State University provides students with a comprehensive approach to literacy research, instructional practice, assessment, and leadership to meet the varied and diverse needs of K-12 learners.
Grounded in sociocultural and critical literacy approaches, the program affords literacy professionals:
- specialized, in-depth knowledge about the teaching of literacy;
- diagnostic and clinical skills necessary to support and plan instruction for a diverse range of students;
- the ability to interpret, evaluate, and use literacy research to inform practice;
- opportunities to use both digital and traditional texts to teach literacy across the curriculum;
- knowledge about the role of social context in supporting K-12 learners’ acquisition of language and literacy; and
- the literacy leadership skills necessary to support and inform professional practice in K-12 settings.
- Teaching Writing
- Teaching Struggling Readers and Writers
- Teaching English in Bilingual/Dialectal Education
- Psychology of Reading
- Diagnostic Evaluation of Reading Problems
- Literacy and Leadership
- Research in Language and Literacy Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducational Research Literacy Education View 376 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- A bachelor's degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- A brief (200-300 words) personal statement describing your interest in pursuing a master’s degree in Literacy Education
- A valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate
- Test scores from one of the following: GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or Praxis examinations completed for certification
International39248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39248 USD per year during 12 months.
National23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23082 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Middletown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.