This advanced degree in Literacy Education provides students with a comprehensive approach to literacy research, instructional practice, assessment, and leadership to meet the varied and diverse needs of K-12 learners. Grounded in sociocultural and critical literacy approaches, the program affords literacy professionals:
- specialized, in-depth knowledge about the teaching of literacy;
- diagnostic and clinical skills necessary to support and plan instruction for a diverse range of students;
- the ability to interpret, evaluate, and use literacy research to inform practice;
- opportunities to use both digital and traditional texts to teach literacy across the curriculum;
- knowledge about the role of social context in supporting K-12 learners’ acquisition of language and literacy; and
- the literacy leadership skills necessary to support and inform professional practice in K-12 settings.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Teaching Writing
- Teaching Struggling Readers and Writers
- Teaching English in Bilingual/Dialectal Education
- Psychology of Reading
- Diagnostic Evaluation of Reading Problems
- Literacy and Leadership
- Research in Language and Literacy Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEducation Literature View 361 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Two letters of recommendation
- A brief (200-300 words) personal statement describing your interest in pursuing a master’s degree in Literacy Education
- A valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate
- Test scores from one of the following: GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or Praxis examinations completed for certification
International37694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37694 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National37694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37694 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State21960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21960 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.