About this Mathematics - Elementary and Middle School Mathematics Education Degree
A total of 32 hours of courses, with at least 24 in mathematics, are required. Fifteen hours must be at the 400 level, including at least 10 in mathematics. Either a written comprehensive examination or an approved thesis with no more than six credit hours in MAT 499 is required. All electives are subject to approval by the department's graduate committee.
The Department of Mathematics at Illinois State University is one of the largest producers of secondary mathematics teachers in the State of Illinois.
Modern Geometry For Middle School Teachers
Current Research In School Mathematics
Instructional Strategies For The Middle School Teacher
Probabilistic and Statistical Reasoning for Middle School Teachers
Topics In Algebra For Teachers
- Topics In Geometry For Teachers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics View 911 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- have a minimum 2.8 GPA (on a scale in which an A is a 4.0) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- Upload your current resume or C.V.
- Letters of Recommendation
International26816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Normal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.