This interdisciplinary knowledge, together with conceptual and communicative abilities, allows graduates to work at the junction between IT and other internal departments as well as external IT service providers. Graduates acquire the ability to offer qualified analysis of system environments at companies, considering factors such as architecture, process, service and values. The Master's Programme Information Systems at the University of Innsbruck is held in English and provides an excellent basis for careers in IT management, business consulting or an academic career through continuation to a doctoral program.
The master's programme offers vocational preparation for activities requiring leadership, analysis, planning, assessment and consultation in information and knowledge management, modelling of business processes, and the creation of information systems within the value chain. The master's programme combines the perspectives of business administration and information technology, with special consideration of information and communication systems.
- Introduction Business Information Systems
- Methods in Information Systems
- Design of Information Systems along the Value Chain
- Business Process Management
- IT Project Management
- Information, Communication and Knowledge Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 10 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Austria
- Relevant bachelor's degrees at the University of Innsbruck - Bachelor's Programme Management and Economics or, Bachelor's Programme Computer Science
- Admission to the master's degree programme may also be possible if a student has completed a bachelor's degree in a relevant related field
- Apply online for your intended study programme
- In order to be admitted to a study programme you have to register in person at the Admission Department and bring along the official “Letter of Acceptance” (Mitteilung) of the Universität Innsbruck, your photo ID and everything asked for in the “Letter of Acceptance”
- At the moment for Non-EEA-citizens it is not possible to apply online
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
All students must pay the Austrian Students’ Union fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.