Many of our staff are qualified actuaries that have worked for some of the biggest names in the Acturial world; You will be able to benefit from their extensive business knowledge, many years of experience working in industry and their research expertise.
- The Actuarial Science course from Heriot-Watt University offers hands-on experience solving real-life financial problems through interactive lectures, tutorials and practical coursework.
- What’s more, our close links to industry means you’ll have the chance of a summer placement within Edinburgh's financial sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Financial Mathematics
- Finance and Financial Reporting
- Statistical Methods
- Life Insurance Maths
- Stochastic Modelling/Survival Models
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no official deadline for postgraduate applications.
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 4 other Masters in Statistics in United Arab Emirates
- The programme is primarily intended for graduates with a strong mathematical background.
- Our normal minimum entry requirement is the equivalent of a UK 2.1 degree in mathematics, statistics or a related discipline with a high mathematics or statistics content.
- We are also looking for students who are keen to join the actuarial profession, have a willingness to work hard and a drive to succeed.
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £10,200
- Overseas: £10,200
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.