The Computer Science master's programme at the University of Innsbruck conveys the ability to independent scientific working, prepares for the Doctor of Philosophy Programme Computer Sciences and enables for the specialisation in a core area or an application area of computer science.
On the basis of the bachelor's programme, the following key competencies will be acquired and enhanced:
- scientific working and literature research
- efficient familiarisation with new application areas
- abstraction, formalisation and critical examination of a given problem
- autonomous problem analysis, self-dependent and creative problem solving
- ability to manage interdisciplinary and/or international research and development projects
The master's programme provides solid and scientific education in computer science while also deepening the application of the learned to specific problems. The teaching language is English. The entwined education enables graduates to
- develop and apply new methods for hardware-, software- and network solutions in an autonomous manner,
- lead larger hardware-, software- or network development projects respectively (international) teams and departments and
- possess expert knowledge in several areas of computer science and applications.
The master's programme trains highly qualified experts for local and global companies. Graduates work as project managers, consultants or at middle management level in the fields of economy and science. Overall, graduates of the master's programme are able, after a short introductory period, to actively take part in the development and realization of innovative and complex hardware, software or network systems. Additionally, they are prepared for an activity in academic or industrial research.
- Compiler Construction
- Formal Language and Automata Theory
- Computational Logic
- Automatic Theorem Proving
- Automated Reasoning
- Visual Geometry
- Data Warehouse Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 19 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Austria
- Relevant bachelor's degrees at the University of Innsbruck - Bachelor's Programme Computer Science
- Admission to the master's degree programme may also be possible if a student has completed a bachelor's degree in a relevant related field.
- Apply online for your intended study programme
- In order to be admitted to a study programme you have to register in person at the Admission Department and bring along the official “Letter of Acceptance” (Mitteilung) of the Universität Innsbruck, your photo ID and everything asked for in the “Letter of Acceptance”
- At the moment for Non-EEA-citizens it is not possible to apply online
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
All students must pay the Austrian Students’ Union fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.