About this Degree
Our students work hard in the field and in the classroom. Through field trips, speakers, and class activities, students have numerous opportunities to connect with high-level sport executives and get practical experience with assistantships, internships, and volunteer opportunities.
These experiences give Illinois State students an impressive resume and thanks to our relationships with sport organizations throughout the country, they are able to form strong networking partnerships that often help them land a job in the sports industry.
Kinesiology and Recreation - Sport Management students at Illinois State University work directly with Redbird Athletics and other local and regional sport properties in consulting roles that connect students to the sport industry, solve industry problems, and serve our communities using sport as a vehicle.
Statistics in Applied Science and Technology
The Sport Industry
Facility And Event Management In Sport And Recreation
Fiscal Management In Sport & Recreation
Principles Of Sport Law
Marketing Of Sport And Recreation
- Advanced Topics In Sport Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Kinesiology View 281 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- You must have a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master's program.
- Submit a current resume that outlines your education and work history (2-page maximum)
Career Goal Statement
Submit the names and email addresses of three references for letters of recommendation within the online application.
International27654 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27654 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Normal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.