The content of the Banking and Finance master's programme at the University of Innsbruck focuses on both necessary theoretical fundamentals and on the conditions for the implementation and applicability of scientific knowledge. The degree program is held in English.
Students of the master's program acquire the following skills:
- Solid knowledge of quantitative methods for financial issues
- The ability to treat scientific issues independently
- The ability to apply scientific knowledge to practical problems
- Reflective consideration and application of acquired abilities
The master's programme also provides the basis to pursue an academic path through continuation to a doctoral program.
Graduates possess highly specialized knowledge in the areas of finance markets, financial institutions and investment and finance decisions in companies. They are able to apply their competences in these core areas and at the intersections to other areas of economics and business administration by formulating and substantiating arguments scientifically and by solving problems innovatively.
The Master's Programme in Banking and Finance qualifies graduates for positions in companies in the finance sector, e.g. banks, financial services companies and insurance companies. The specific competences of graduates are also essential for finance departments of large companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Financial Economics and Financial Intermediation
- Financial Reporting
- Methods of Empirical Finance
- Principles of Mathematical Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Asset Allocation and Wealth Management
- Market Efficiency
- Management of Financial Institutions
- Applied Empirical Finance
- Ethical and Methodological Aspects in Banking and Finance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance View 11 other Masters in Finance in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Relevant bachelor's degrees at the University of Innsbruck - Bachelor's Programme Management and Economics
- Admission to the master's degree programme may also be possible if a student has completed a bachelor's degree in a relevant related field
- Apply online for your intended study programme
- In order to be admitted to a study programme you have to register in person at the Admission Department and bring along the official “Letter of Acceptance” (Mitteilung) of the Universität Innsbruck, your photo ID and everything asked for in the “Letter of Acceptance”
- At the moment for Non-EEA-citizens it is not possible to apply online
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
All students must pay the Austrian Students’ Union fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.