The Education (Mathematics Education) programme offered by the University of Bristol is designed for UK and international mathematics teachers and other professionals working in mathematics education, from primary schools to post-16 education. You will be supported in integrating the theory and practice of teaching and learning mathematics by:
- being an active researcher of your own and others' practice, including reworking your own practice;
- carrying out small-scale research projects, one of which can act as a pilot project for the major work of your dissertation;
- engaging with research literature, especially the current journals and activity of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education;
- engaging with new developments in teaching and learning mathematics;
- updating your mathematics knowledge;
- writing assignments that show the emergence of a theoretical frame, presenting a literature search and developing ideas from a seminar;
- becoming confident with presentation, argumentation, research and ICT skills.
We offer academic and personal development opportunities to equip you for the intellectual, social and personal challenges you will encounter during your career.
Our overarching goal is to enable our education graduates to display the following characteristics:
- equipped to demonstrate impact, excellence and distinctiveness in your chosen field;
- visionary, imaginative, innovative, reflective and creative;
- high ideals and values, including a strong sense of social justice;
- highly employable throughout the world;
- adaptable, with the potential to be a leader in work and in the community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Learning in Mathematics
- Curriculum Design and Development in School Mathematics
- Children Learning Mathematics - School-based Inquiry
- Addressing Controversial Issues in Education
- Assessment in Schools
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Teaching View 969 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An upper second-class undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in a STEM-related discipline or related field such as Economics, Finance, Accounting etc. Non-traditional qualifications/routes will also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: part-time (two years): £4,650
- UK: part-time (three years): £3,100
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.