The curriculum focuses on critical inquiry and reasoning for certified athletic trainers. The sequence requirements incorporate a variety of teaching methods, philosophies, and experiences to facilitate practical knowledge beyond that of an entry-level athletic trainer, thereby providing the student a unique opportunity to learn different ideologies and skills within sports medicine.
Recent graduates have earned positions with high schools, universities, professional sports, sports medicine clinics, hospitals, fitness clubs, research laboratories, and industrial settings. Others have continued on to earn a terminal degree in sports medicine or education.
- Evidence-based Sports Medicine
- Advanced Assessment And Treatment Of Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Advanced Seminar In Sports Medicine
- Injury Biomechanics
- Modern Manual Therapy I
- Modern Manual Therapy II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 403 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent
- present official transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a Master's program.
- submit a current resume, outlining your education and work history
- submit a goal statement including: a) why you are seeking ISU for graduate school, b) how ISU's master's program will prepare you in your future goals
- submit names and email addresses of three references for letters of recommendation within the online application
International16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16680 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16680 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9066 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9066 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
FundingScholarships Your grades, achievements, and activities during high school typically determine the scholarships for which you are eligible. Often, the organization or individual donor providing the scholarship wishes to reward or encourage certain characteristics or behaviors such as strong academic credentials, leadership or community service activities, or plans to enter a certain profession.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.