The Homeland Security program at Pennsylvania State University is comprised of courses from several Penn State colleges and delivered via distance education through the Penn State World Campus to accommodate the needs and careers of professionals who are already active in homeland security and related fields of civil security, or those interested in transitioning into the field.
The program provides select graduate students with an integrated, cross-disciplinary curriculum that is focused on a set of unified educational goals to help them understand and manage the complexities of homeland security in a global environment. Within the degree program and in addition to its common core curriculum, students choose the base program (general homeland security and emergency management) or one of six options that represent main elements, capabilities, and risk-informed priorities of the homeland security mission space:
- agricultural biosecurity and food defense;
- cyber threat analytics and prevention;
- geospatial intelligence;
- public health preparedness; and
- information security and forensics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Homeland Security Administration: Policies and Programs
- Homeland Security: Social and Ethical Issues
- Violence, Threats, Terror, and Insurgency
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 103 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- Completed online Graduate School application and payment of nonrefundable application fee
- Statement of purpose
- Vita or résumé
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
International38198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38198 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National38198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38198 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State22464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22464 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.