The Education (Learning, Technology and Society) programme offered by the University of Bristol is suitable for people with a variety of educational backgrounds and experiences, including teachers and lecturers, creative technologists and those who support informal learning settings such as museums and public spaces.
The pathway will provide you with a firm foundation for developing your career in teaching and facilitating learning in formal and informal settings, education leadership, research or learning technology. You will develop an in-depth understanding of sociotechnical change and a critical perspective on if and how digital technologies can support learning in a wide variety of settings. In addition, the pathway will prepare you to undertake further research in this rapidly developing field.
We offer academic and personal development opportunities to equip you for the intellectual, social and personal challenges you will encounter during your career.
Our overarching goal is to enable our education graduates to display the following characteristics:
- equipped to demonstrate impact, excellence and distinctiveness in your chosen field;
- visionary, imaginative, innovative, reflective and creative;
- high ideals and values, including a strong sense of social justice;
- highly employable throughout the world;
- adaptable, with the potential to be a leader in work and in the community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Learning with Technology
- Designing Technologies for Learning
- Education in a Time of Social and Technological Change
- Addressing Controversial Issues in Education
- Assessment in Schools
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Sociology General Engineering & Technology View 735 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
An upper second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) and a minimum of two months' full-time (or part-time equivalent) paid or voluntary professional experience undertaken within the last five years.
Relevant professional experience will have some relationship to the content of the programme and could include volunteering, internships or employment. For example:
- Working in any type of institution related to education or technology (including communications, policy or research);
- The design or use of technologies in formal or informal learning environments.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: part-time (two years): £4,650
- UK: part-time (three years): £3,100
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.