The Education (Learning, Technology and Society) programme offered by the University of Bristol is suitable for people with a variety of educational backgrounds and experiences, including teachers and lecturers, creative technologists and those who support informal learning settings such as museums and public spaces.
The pathway will provide you with a firm foundation for developing your career in teaching and facilitating learning in formal and informal settings, education leadership, research or learning technology. You will develop an in-depth understanding of sociotechnical change and a critical perspective on if and how digital technologies can support learning in a wide variety of settings. In addition, the pathway will prepare you to undertake further research in this rapidly developing field.
We offer academic and personal development opportunities to equip you for the intellectual, social and personal challenges you will encounter during your career.
Our overarching goal is to enable our education graduates to display the following characteristics:
- equipped to demonstrate impact, excellence and distinctiveness in your chosen field;
- visionary, imaginative, innovative, reflective and creative;
- high ideals and values, including a strong sense of social justice;
- highly employable throughout the world;
- adaptable, with the potential to be a leader in work and in the community.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Educational Inquiry
- Teaching and Learning with Technology
- Designing Technologies for Learning
- Education in a Time of Social and Technological Change
- Addressing Controversial Issues in Education
- Assessment in Schools
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sociology General Engineering & Technology View 386 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
- A good UK undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent qualification) and normally some appropriate professional experience, which may include voluntary work or internships, as well as paid employment.
International19700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- FT fees: Channel Islands/Isle of Man: 8,200 GBP per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.