About this Degree
The Department of Cellular Biology was established within the Division of Biological Sciences at the University of Georgia in 1995. The department offers excellent opportunities for scientific training in a variety of important aspects of cellular biology. These include cell biology, developmental biology, molecular parasitology, immunology, cellular neurobiology and endocrinology. Several cellular biology faculty have been honored by national and institutional awards for excellence in research and teaching.
The department has a strong program in graduate education and research:
- Strong core curriculum in molecular cellular biology;
- Research laboratory rotation and choice of laboratory for graduate students;
- Active and well funded faculty research programs with federal and/or foundation support;
- Department Seminar Series with speakers from institutions around the nation;
- Strong Departmental and Divisional undergraduate programs;
- Teaching and research assistantships that support most students throughout their entire period of study
State-of-the-art technical support facilities at the University of Georgia, including:
- Cell Analysis Facility (flow cytometry and image analysis)
- Monoclonal Antibody Facility
- Biological Sciences Computing Resource
- Molecular Genetics Facility (with DNA and protein sequencing and synthesis)
- Center for Advanced Ultrastructural Research
- Highly interactive environment with other UGA biology departments and the National Centers for Disease Control
- Regular journal clubs by various laboratories and interest groups within the Department
- Opportunities for overseas collaborative research
- Strong Cellular Biology Graduate Student Association
- Excellent support staff, including Computer Services Specialist
- Active Departmental social program, including:
- Fall Department Retreat and Cookout
- December Holiday Party
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research in Cellular Biology
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Cellular Biology Research Techniques
- Advanced Immunology
- Advanced Developmental Biology
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Biology of Parasitism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 513 other Masters in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission and Application Procedures
- Readmission Procedures
- Deferring an Application
- Application Fee
- Transcripts and Academic Records
- Entrance Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Non-Degree or Transient Status
- Application Forms
- Summary of Materials
International25186 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12593 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25186 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12593 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8878 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4439 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.