You’ll conduct research that makes a real, positive impact. Our broad view of Hydrogeology means you can explore your interests in the hydrologic cycle.
Illinois State University’s Hydrogeology graduate program is the only one of its kind in Illinois.
Some recent research projects include:
- Surface water-groundwater interaction
- Nutrient cycling
- Impacts of humans and global change in hydrologic and water resource systems
- Flow in karst systems
- Sediment transport
Our core curriculum lets you claim the title of hydrogeologist when you graduate. You’ll be able to work in a variety of areas all over the world, such as the private sector, government, or higher education.
Seminar In Hydrogeology Research
Independent Research For The Master's Thesis
Problems In Environmental Geology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology Hydrology & Water Management View 267 other Masters in Geology in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- You must have an undergraduate degree in Geology
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master’s program.
- Statement of Goals
Submit names and email addresses of three references for letters of recommendation within the online application.
- English Proficiency (International Students Only)
International13408 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13408 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State6464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Normal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.