Biological Sciences - Biotechnology courses at Illinois State University and thesis research may be in diverse areas including biological chemistry, cell and molecular biology, genetics, genomics, immunology and microbiology.
Students learn to conduct basic or applied research in biotechnology areas, utilizing current techniques (e.g., protein biochemistry, DNA/genome manipulations, bioinformatics, transgenic organisms, immunological methods, flow cytometry, electron and confocal microscopy).
The Biotechnology sequence is an option for students enrolled in the M.S. degree program.
Independent Research For The Master's Thesis
Advanced Studies In Specialized Fields: Advances In Genomics
Biotechnology Laboratory I: DNA Techniques
Biotechnology Laboratory II: Cell Biology Techniques
Advanced Cell Biology
Advanced Molecular Biology
- Advanced Studies In Specialized Fields: Issues In Biotechnology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 414 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- The first step in the application process is to ask about working in a lab. We do not admit graduate students unless they have at least one faculty member who is willing to have them in their lab.
- You must have a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master’s program.
Curriculum Vitae or Resume
Statement of Academic and Professional Goals
- Letters of Recommendation
International25140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Normal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.