About this Degree
Other environmental and ecological sciences are simply not theoretically or methodologically equipped to understand the culture-bearing human species with its complex behavioral patterning. Beginning in 1988, the department set out to build a first-class ecological-environmental program; we added new faculty, new physical resources, and aquired more funding.
This growth continues, and the faculty is committed to continually improving the quality of the program. Since 1988 we have seen our students complete in good time (usually 5-6 years for the Ph.D.), and then move into very competitive academic and professional positions in anthropology and related environmental fields.
The Department of Anthropology at the University of Georgia offers programs leading to the degrees of Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy in anthropology. These graduate programs reflect training in basic anthropological knowledge and the department’s focus on environmental and ecological anthropology.
- Training focuses on the role of anthropology as a discipline in understanding the human-environment interface, both past and present, and from a cross-cultural perspective. The doctoral program also provides students with the flexibility to attain interdisciplinary training in other academic areas relevant to understanding issues of sustainable human ecosystems.
- Relevant academic areas for coursework within the university can be found in the Institute of Ecology, the Environmental Ethics Program, the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, the School of Forestry and Natural Resources, and allied disciplines in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Ancient History View 207 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
- Admission and Application Procedures
- Readmission Procedures
- Deferring an Application
- Application Fee
- Transcripts and Academic Records
- Entrance Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Non-Degree or Transient Status
- Application Forms
- Summary of Materials
International24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
National24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8698 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.