About this Degree
We emphasize an integrative, collaborative approach to research not only among the members of the Biological Sciences - Behavior, Ecology, Evolution and Systematics section, but also with members of the other sections in the School and with faculty and students at other universities.
Research within the BEES at Illinois State University is conducted across different levels of biological organization, from genes to individuals, populations to communities. We address fundamental questions concerning the nature of evolutionary change, interactions between organisms and their environment, the distribution and abundance of living things, and the conservation of organisms and restoration of their ecosystems.
Independent Research For The Master's Thesis
Hormones, Brain And Behavior
Stream Ecology Lecture
- Population Ecology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Ecology View 230 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- The first step in the application process is to ask about working in a lab. We do not admit graduate students unless they have at least one faculty member who is willing to have them in their lab.
- You must have a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master’s program.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Statement of Academic and Professional Goals
- Letters of Recommendation
International25140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Normal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.