About this Degree
The Creative Technologies program at Illinois State University provides critical training and experiences that prepare graduates for careers in digital and interactive media production including: front-end web development; video production; sound design for live performance, broadcast, and multimedia; digital music composition and production; and emerging arts disciplines where basic knowledge of coding is required. Graduates work for employers of all types including small businesses, government agencies, and corporations; and some are self-employed entrepreneurs.
The program is appropriate for students who have training in the arts, experience working with digital and interactive communication tools, or computer science with experience in the arts and interactive media. Many students have established careers in related fields and wish to enhance their knowledge of new technical tools and creative processes.
Illinois State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Design And Aesthetic Issues In Arts Technology
Advanced Computer Topics In Arts Technology
Selected Topics In Arts Technology
Computer Performance Arts Studio
Professional Practice: Arts Technology
Directed Projects In Creative Technology
- Portfolio Development In Arts Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Computer Sciences View 819 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master's program.
- Letter of Application
- Submit a writing sample, such as poems, a short story, script or an essay.
- Upload an updated resume.
- Submit a portfolio consisting of 6-10 pieces of work. Your work must be viewable on a Mac or PC.
International32682 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
National32682 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Normal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.