As an interdisciplinary field of study, Art - Visual Culture at Illinois State University emerges out of a number of established disciplines including, but not limited to, art history, anthropology, cultural studies, history, literature, media studies, music, and theatre.
In addition to the study of canonical works of art, a MA in Visual Culture allows for the examination of those objects and images that have not fit into the traditional boundaries of art history. This new degree program is intended to complement and take advantage of the fact that individuals in many different fields are already working within the bounds of visual culture.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Graduate Seminar in Visual Culture
- Introduction to Critical Theory
- Introduction to Research Methodology
- Thesis work
- Seminar In Art Beyond The Western Tradition
- Seminar In Ancient And Medieval Art And Architecture
- Seminar In Renaissance And Baroque Art And Architecture
- Seminar In Modern And Contemporary Art And Architecture
- Art For Diverse Populations
- Professional Art Education Sequence
- Seminar In Visual Culture, History, And Theory
- Life Drawing Ii
- Topics In Graphic Design
- Metalwork And Jewelry Design Iii
- Advanced Metalwork And Jewelry Design
- Graphic Design Iii
- Ceramics Iii
- Advanced Drawing
- Sculpture Iii
- Topics In Advanced Photography
- Photography Iii
- Graphic Design Iv
- Wood Ii
- Intaglio Ii
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 526 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
A student applying to a master's program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present official transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
International17651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17651 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National17651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17651 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9676 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.