The Counselor Education M.Ed. program at Pennsylvania State University includes 60 to 61 credits depending on the area of emphasis and culminates in a Master's paper in the area of counseling and development.
All candidates of this Counselor Education program at Pennsylvania State University are expected to exhibit, in addition to academic competence, effectiveness in interpersonal relations and in both written and oral communication. They also must provide evidence in support of professional counseling activities and involvement in professional organizations. All degree options require students to participate in extensive practicum or fieldwork experience under supervision.
- Group Procedures in Guidance and Counseling
- Introduction to Counseling and Development
- Counseling Theory and Method
- Foundations of Career Development and Counseling Information
- Individual Counseling Procedures
- Multicultural Counseling: Foundations
- Applied Testing in Counseling
- Research in Counselor Education
- Counseling Practicum
- Counseling Internship and Integrative Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Counselling Psychology View 1300 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Pennsylvania State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- All international applicants must take and submit scores for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS
International41602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41602 USD per year during 24 months.
National41602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41602 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State24466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24466 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.