They combine studies in primary or secondary education with studies in special education. Included are curriculum studies, special education studies and professional experience.
The Teaching - Special Education (Secondary) program from Flinders University prepares graduates to enter the teaching profession with confidence and competence. Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as a teacher in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways. Graduate roles include community education officer, and education and engagement officer.
Potential occupations include:
- teachers in school classrooms
- school coordinators and principals
- curriculum and policy advisers in departments of education
- advisers to government departments and other policy makers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Research in the Education Profession
- Researching Learners and Learning
- Professional Experience
- Professional Experience and Inclusive Practice (Secondary)
- Schoolwide Positive Behaviour Support
- Functional Behaviour Assessment in Education
- Intervention for Students with Literacy Difficulties
- Assessment in Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSpecial Education Teaching Secondary Education View 11 other Masters in Secondary Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 063698F
- Master of Teaching (Special Education) (Secondary Specialisation) - applicants must hold a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification, and must have completed six undergraduate topics (no more than two topics at first-year level and no fewer than two topics at third year level) in one subject specialisation* (preferably two) offered by the College of Education, Psychology and Social Work. Applicants must normally have achieved a Flinders equivalent grade point average (GPA) of 4.00 or above for consideration.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 AUD per year during 24 months.
- $3,985 (Commonwealth supported)
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.