The course provides you with the background necessary to apply for registration as a secondary teacher. Topics covered during the two years include specialist curriculum studies, professional experience and a number of topics devoted to issues in education.
The Teaching (Secondary) program from Flinders University prepares graduates to enter the teaching profession with confidence and competence. Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as a teacher in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways. Graduate roles include community education officer, and education and engagement officer.
Potential occupations include:
- teachers in school classrooms
- school coordinators and principals
- curriculum and policy advisers in departments of education
- advisers to government departments and other policy makers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Research in the Education Profession
- Researching Learners and Learning (Secondary)
- Literacies for the Middle and Secondary Years
- Relationships for Learning and Teaching
- Professional Issues in Secondary Education
- Professional Experience (Secondary)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 207 other Masters in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 063697G
- Applicants must hold an approved undergraduate bachelor degree or equivalent qualification with topics that enable them to teach to Year 12 in at least one subject specialisation and to Year 10 in a second subject specialisation offered by the College of Education, Psychology and Social Work. Check the website for the specialisations normally offered. Selection is based on academic merit.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 AUD per year during 24 months.
- $3,985 (Commonwealth supported)
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.