Please note effective 20 March 9pm AEDT, the Australian Government implemented new travel bans and restrictions whereby only Australian citizens, Permanent Residents, their spouses and dependants could enter the country. For students who would like to study a course that’s offered on campus, we will work with you to enrol you online first and transition you to campus once the travel restrictions change.
The Master of Teaching - Secondary from Flinders University provides you with the background necessary to apply for registration as a secondary teacher. Topics covered during the two years include specialist curriculum studies, professional experience and a number of topics devoted to issues in education.
The Master of Teaching prepares graduates to enter the teaching profession with confidence and competence. Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as a teacher in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways. Graduate roles include community education officer, and education and engagement officer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Researching Learners and Learning (Secondary)
- Literacies for the Middle and Secondary Years
- Relationships for Learning and Teaching
- Professional Issues in Secondary Education
- Professional Experience
- Drama Curriculum Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold an approved undergraduate bachelor degree or equivalent qualification with topics that enable them to teach to Year 12 in at least one subject specialisation and to Year 10 in a second subject specialisation offered by the College of Education, Psychology and Social Work. Check the website for the specialisations normally offered. Selection is based on academic merit.
- Applicants must complete a non-academic assessment task known as a Teaching Capabilities Statement as part of their application to demonstrate their motivation to teach, their strong interpersonal and communication skills, willingness to learn, resilience, self-efficacy, and strong organisational and planning skills. This involves a short statement in response to three set questions used to demonstrate suitability for study and work in the teaching profession.
- CRICOS: 063697G
International33000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6700 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.