Headed by a dedicated faculty of internationally acclaimed artists, the Art program offered at Pennsylvania State University is recognized for emphasizing excellence in the study of visual art and fostering artistic production that engages critically with contemporary culture.
By creating a rigorous yet supportive environment in the context of a major public research university, the program encourages expansive growth and innovative collaboration in studio practice.
The regular interaction between studio and classroom creates a close-knit intellectual community that furthers critical thinking and creative connectedness.
As the transformative power of art in today’s society continues to evolve, the Penn State School of Visual Arts encourages artists to address contemporary social and cultural issues through creative production.
- Portfolio Design and Professional Practices
- Art and Life: Where They Intersect
- Museum Studies
- Seminar in Contemporary Art
- Performance Art
- Integrating Media: Convergence in Practice
- Advanced Web and Net Art: Multimedia Publishing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 815 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
All applicants must submit:
- A portfolio of his/her work to illustrate his/her preparation for graduate study. A portfolio of slides, rather than actual work, is required. A selection of no fewer than twenty examples should be presented. The majority should be in the area of the applicant's interest.
- A statement of professional aims. This statement should include the applicant's intentions for his/her proposed study. Some indications of his/her philosophy, beliefs, and goals in regard to education and art should give evidence that he/she is prepared to undertake the work outlined for the Master of Fine Arts program.
- Three letters of reference attesting to the applicant's scholarship and ability to work independently.
International39248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39248 USD per year during 24 months.
National23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23082 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.