This Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH) programme from the University of Northampton is designed for practitioners from health, social or voluntary services working in some capacity with children and young people with mental health problems at first or second tiers of service provision. If you are a psychology graduate or have studied similar disciplines like social and behavioural sciences, education and more, then this course is suitable for you. Relevant experience with young people is desirable, but not essential.
You can choose to graduate with either a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Postgraduate Diploma by completing designated modules or you can complete all of the recommended course modules, including dissertation, and be awarded with an MSc.
- MSc CAMH students have entered into a variety of positions from education (e.g. Assistant SENCo), therapeutic/intervention work (e.g. Therapeutic Care Worker, Intense Support Worker etc.), self-created opportunities (e.g. founding of new support/education organisations in their country of origin) and further study (e.g. Clinical Doctorates, PhD Study, Mental Health Nursing, Teacher Training, IAPT).
- Understanding Children & Young People's Distress
- Therapeutic Skills for Working with Children, Young People and Families
- Working with Schools and Communities
- Therapeutic Interventions with Children, Young People and Families
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
- Dissertation & Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Health Sciences View 1964 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- You will normally need to hold a first class or upper second class (2:1) honours degree in a relevant discipline from a UK institution or the CNAA or equivalent.
- If you have a lower second class (2:2) degree or practitioner qualification at diploma level and can demonstrate your ability to work at Master’s level you will also be considered. A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is mandatory for entry onto this course.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK Part Time: £1,245 per 30 credit module
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.