At the Montana State University, each student, during the course of their graduate Entomology program, will also have the opportunity to participate in activities outside their degree program that will benefit them academically and professionally.
Such activities include participating in teaching, outreach and international programs, and attending and presenting research results at professional meetings. Each student is strongly encouraged to take advantage of these opportunities.
- A student's individual program can be designed, with approval of the graduate advisor and graduate committee, to suit the student's individual interests and career goals.
- The entomology faculty at MSU conduct research in a variety of disciplines, including behavioral ecology, biodiversity studies, biological control of insects and weeds, biosystematics, chemical ecology, ecology, integrated pest management, pollination ecology, risk assessment, stored-product entomology, insect protein, thermal biology, molecular biology and cultural entomology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Insect Identification
- Insect Ecology
- Insect Physiology
- Integrated Pest Management
- Veterinary Entomology and Parasitology
- Insect Morphology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Ecology View 1143 other Masters in Biology in United States
- An entering student is expected to have a solid background in the basic sciences and a B.S. or B.A. in biological or related sciences.
- GRE exams are to be taken before applying for admittance and are part of the required application materials.
- International Applicants: An English proficiency test is required for all applicants who are not U.S. citizens and are not from countries where English is the official language. This requirement is waived if the applicant has earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution in the U.S. Minimum scores required are: TOEFL , IELTS [level 6.5] or PTE .
- A GPA of 3.0 for the last two years, three letters of recommendation and a letter of application describing the applicant’s research interests and career goals in pursuing graduate training are minimum requirements for acceptance to the LRES graduate program.
International34611 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34611 USD per year during 12 months.
National34611 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34611 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11450 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bozeman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.