Skills and competences
Students from the Biomedical Research master’s at the University of Santiago de Compostela will obtain a solid foundation to start doctoral programs in biomedical research, acquiring basic skills in experimental laboratory work as well as the ability to develop professional tasks in the field of biomedical research.
The following are some of the specific competencies that students of the master’s will acquire:
- To learn about the essential biological processes that maintain the balance in the body’s cells and tissues, which are altered in human pathology .
- To learn about the anatomy of the genome, the information obtained by the human genome project, the distribution of alleles in human populations, and the main types of genetic alterations that can cause disease.
- To learn about the underlying alterations of some of the most common and most socially relevant human diseases. Predicting how these alterations can cause disease, and identifying possible points of therapeutic intervention.
- To learn about the legal framework in which biomedical research operates and to be able to issue autonomous opinions about the ethical implications of this research.
- To be able to design experiments in the field of Biomedicine, applying appropriate techniques to respond to the relevant question.
- To develop practical skills in the Biomedicine laboratory. Being able to follow an experimental protocol autonomously.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Clinic endocrinology and nutrition
- Neoplasia and cellular endocrinology
- Neuroendocrinology, obesity and metabolism
- Molecular and cellular basis of disease
- Biological bases of cancer
- Human genomics and genetic medicine
- Techniques applied to biomedical research
- Advances in Legal Medicine and Criminology
- Forensic Toxicology
- Forensic Genetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics View 8 other Masters in Biomedicine in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
While no specific degree is required for admission to the Master's Degree in Biomedical Research it is recommended, but not essential, to have completed the studies corresponding to Degrees in Biology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Chemistry, Dentistry, Nursing and Psychology or any other Bachelor's degree that includes studies of Fundamental Biology and/or Medicine.
The desirable qualities for the future student of the Master’s in Biomedical Research include:
- Medium/high level of English.
- Working capacity.
- Willingness for teamwork.
- Capacity for logical reasoning.
- Capacity to obtain, interpret and apply knowledge.
- Scientific spirit.
- Ability to solve problems.
International5200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5200 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA1900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.