In Australia, these principles include:
- maximising consumer and community participation to enable individuals and communities to be better informed and to be involved in health care decisions
- encouraging partnerships between health and non-health sectors to ensure full use of resources
- fostering self-management and self-reliance to increase knowledge, skills and confidence in individuals, groups and communities
- promoting health and disease prevention to attain and sustain good health and well-being.
Public health has become an increasingly significant focus of government plans worldwide, initiating developments at local and national levels within multiple healthcare settings. Graduates of the Health Promotion program from Flinders University are expected to progress into employment in public health policy, management and practice.
Potential occupations include:
- public health officer
- nutrition advisor
- public health senior consultant
- health promotion planning and evaluation officer
- health information officer
- health and safety manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Determinants of Health and Wellbeing
- Health Promotion in Public Health
- Managing Chronic Conditions - Self-Management Support Approaches
- Advanced Epidemiology
- Qualitative Research Methods
- First Nations Health and Wellbeing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 352 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 073816M
- Applicants must normally hold an approved degree or equivalent qualification and have their candidature approved by the Dean (Education).
- The Graduate Certificate articulates with the Master of Public Health program and credit is normally given for appropriate topics completed in the graduate certificate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18750 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18750 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
National13176 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
- National: $8,021 (Commonwealth supported)
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.