About the Program
Reading for pleasure makes a big difference when it comes to a child’s performance in the classroom. Students who read every day perform better on tests, develop a broader vocabulary, and gain a better understanding of other cultures. As a reading educator, you’ll foster this love of reading in the classroom and beyond.
The Reading Education program of Vanderbilt University is designed for licensed teachers or those with equivalent teaching experience who want to focus on literacy development, assessment, and instruction of students with diverse learning and literacy needs.
The three-semester program meets the standards of the International Literacy Association for Reading Specialists/Literacy Coaches and National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- Literacy Development
- Literacy Assessment and Professional Development
- Literacy for Diverse and Special Needs Learners
- Reading and Learning with Print and New Media
- Teaching and Learning the Language Arts: Theory and Research
- Educational Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Literature Teaching View 3578 other Masters in Education in United States
- Submitted online application
- Transcript(s) from prior undergraduate and graduate work.
- Two letters of recommendation are required, three preferred for our master's programs. Three letters of recommendation are required for our Ed.D. programs.
- Statement of purpose
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- International applicants must submit all of the above, plus the following: TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all international applicants
International45776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2215 USD per credit during 18 months.
National45776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2215 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.