The goals of the Mental Health Counseling program at the Montana State University are the following: to enhance students' personal and professional development as counselors; to increase their ability to understand the characteristics and concerns of various client populations and their environments; to develop their knowledge and skills in use of theory-based counseling models; and to train them in the use of scientific methods of inquiry and evaluation.professional school counselors.
- Core education in counseling
- Mental health counselor's personal/professional development
- Foundations of mental health counseling
- Mental health counseling in Montana's mental health system
- Clinical mental health services
- Specific populations and settings
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory and Practice of Addiction
- Counsel Child & Adolescents
- Counseling Research and Evaluation
- Diagnosis and Mental Health
- Counseling Theories
- Counseling Skills Lab
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 843 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Personal essay (no more than four typed, double-spaced pages) answering these questions
- All official transcripts from former colleges/universities (either mailed in sealed envelope or in e-script form directly from the school)
- General GRE scores--not subject tests--in the 50th percentile (approximately 150) or above on both verbal and quantitative
- Three letters of professional recommendation
- Undergraduate GPA must be 3.0 or above
International17855 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35710 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National17855 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35710 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
In-State5524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11048 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.