In addition to completing a research thesis, students complete coursework and professional placements in clinical psychology.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Studying the Master of Psychology offered at Edith Cowan University you will apply and evaluate research methods to advance knowledge of clinical psychology practice, as this relates to ones' own practice and to contribute to the body of knowledge of the field.
- Apply evidence-based practice, including research evidence, to a range of psychological disorders.
- Apply professional communication skills with clients, professional colleagues and external agencies.
- Apply the principles of ethical, professional and legal practice to the role of a trainee Clinical Psychologist.
- Articulate a critical understanding of the theoretical and evidence base for the selection, administration and interpretation of psychological tests.
- Conduct evidence-based psychological therapies for a range of psychological disorders with both adults and children, at a level required of trainee Clinical Psychologists.
- Conduct psychological assessment by formal testing, including the selection of tests, their administration and interpretation and the communication of test results in written reports and orally.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of State, Federal and Territory Acts and Regulations; Australian Psychological Society and Psychology Board of Australia Codes of Conduct and related publications as these relate to the practice of Clinical Psychology.
- Demonstrate an awareness of cross cultural issues and ability to apply cultural competence to all aspects of working as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Demonstrate independent learning and a continual development of clinical psychology skills through a commitment to maintain knowledge of the latest research and critically reflecting on ones' own practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to make decisions based upon their full environmental, social, cultural and economic implications.
Graduates are eligible to work as clinical psychologists in government agencies (including the Health Department of Western Australia, Department for Child Protection, Department for Corrective Services, and Disability Services Commission) and in the non-government sector.
Possible future job titles
Accredited by: Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Issues in Psychology
- Psychological Assessment
- Clinical Psychology: Introduction to Practice
- Clinical Practicum
- Research Preparation
- Clinical Psychology: Infancy, Childhood and Adolescence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 89 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 074074C
- All applicants are required to have an Honours degree (First or Upper Second class) in an accredited fourth year course in psychology, with equivalents considered, and to submit a CV, a covering letter and two references (submitted independently of the students application) to meet the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accreditation requirements. Short-listed candidates will participate in a selection interview, either face-to-face or via teleconference.
- It is desirable that all applicants have work experience, as admission into the program is competitive.
International35450 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35450 AUD per year during 24 months.
National30250 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30250 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Joondalup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.