The overall theoretical orientation of this The Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy course offered at Edith Cowan University coursework is psychoanalytic and to a lesser extent systemic.
In the final year of study, students can hone their clinical skills in a year-long fieldwork placement, or as an alternative to the fieldwork placement, students with relevant previous experience may apply to complete a research project.
Why choose ECU?
- Good question. It's what other organisations ask our graduates every year...
- It's how we discovered that the quality of teaching here is the best in Western Australia.
- It's also how we learned from QILT that we're Australia's top-ranked public university for student experience
- And it's how we know that we're one of the best young universities in the world under 50 years old.
- So the real question is, why not choose ECU?
- Principles of Psychodynamic Practice
- Psychodynamic Theories of Counselling
- Couples and Family Therapy
- Individual Psychotherapy Practice
- Object Relations and Attachment Theory
- Personal Issues in Counselling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend you apply as soon as you can. It's best to receive an offer as early as possible so you can prepare for orientation and semester start.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 33 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 083642A
- All applicants are required to have a three year degree from a recognised university, and attend an interview. Applicants will be asked to provide a written application and attend an interview if they are short-listed. Preference will be given to applicants with at least two years full-time (or equivalent) experience in a formal counselling role.
- It is desirable that all applicants have a three-year degree from a recognised university, in an area such as social work, psychology, medicine, occupational therapy, nursing, theology or human services.
International34000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National21200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21200 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Joondalup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.