Personalized support, counseling, and the academic prestige of the Biomedical Sciences program of Vanderbilt University will provide students with the skills and experiences needed to realize their dreams. On top of that, you will get to live and learn in one of the most rapidly growing cities in the US!
The curriculum for CHANGE students is designed to provide students coming from diverse academic backgrounds the ability to change their career direction. A full range of didactic courses and experiences will provide students with the critical skills to perform at a high level on standardized entrance tests and achieve success during the interview process.
The Edge track is for students who need to increase their competitiveness for health professions programs by taking specific coursework designed to increase science GPAs and to prepare for standardized entry tests. Accompanying critical skill development and experience will enhance an applicant's competitiveness for entry to their program of choice.
All students in the CHANGE and EDGE tracks are encouraged to pursue laboratory based research. For students dedicated to pursue admission to graduate programs in the biomedical sciences, graduate level core didactic classes will accompany intense laboratory based research. The combined experiences will provide students with the skills to perform at a high level on the GRE but, more importantly, provide the necessary laboratory research experience to compete for entry into the best PhD programs.
- Cell Biology
- Cellular Neurobiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 495 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Applicant to the different tracks will have diverse backgrounds but evidence of scholarly ability, achievement, and motivation will be the main criteria for acceptance
- Applicants should have completed a baccalaureate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Current resume/CV
- Official transcripts from all previous college work. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the registrar of every college you have attended to Vanderbilt
- Personal Statement: tell us in your personal statement what motivates you to pursue the MS program in Biomedical Sciences. Tell us which of our three tracks best suit you and what experiences have led you to apply to Vanderbilt
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE and MCAT scores: not required, but please submit if you have taken the exam(s)
- TOEFL scores (if applicable). If you are not a U.S. Citizen, official TOEFL scores must be forwarded to Vanderbilt
- No application fee is required
International60780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2026 USD per credit during 12 months.
National60780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2026 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.