The Special Education - Basic entry level program from Flinders University is open to members of professions other than teaching who wish to expand their professional expertise into the area of special education.
Special education is the joint responsibility of special and regular teachers working closely together with parents, and in transdisciplinary teams with other professionals such as school psychologists and speech/language pathologists. Education appropriate to each student’s level of development and in the least restrictive environment is a fundamental principle underlying special education. These courses do not lead to teacher registration in South Australia.
The courses are designed to meet the increasing demand for professional development of current teachers and other professionals. They are not designed to be an initial preparation for teaching and do not lead to teacher registration. Graduates are suitable for careers in a variety of positions ranging from work as teachers in school classrooms, school coordinators and principals, curriculum and policy advisors in departments of education, and as advisors to government and other policy makers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues in Special Education
- Educational Planning and Assessment for Students with Diverse Learning Needs
- Approaches to Research
- Independent Research Study
- Communication Difficulties
- Design and Evaluation of Disability Programs
- Intellectual Disability
- Management of Physical and Multiple Disabilities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 203 other Masters in Education in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 053058K
- Applicants to the Master of Education (Special Education) (2 Years) must normally hold an approved degree or equivalent qualification in disability studies, psychology, speech and language therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or a closely related discipline from an approved tertiary institution.
International33000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National20300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20300 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.