The emphasis of the program is on the core doctrines of copyright, patent, trademark, and unfair competition, with expansive electives in such areas as digital technology and electronic networks, biotechnology, entertainment law, and technology commercialization.
The Intellectual Property Law program faculty at Boston University includes the School of Law’s full-time professors and experienced practitioners from Boston’s boutique firms and technology companies, who bring practical experience to the classroom.
Program Learning Outcomes
Internationally trained students shall demonstrate:
- A basic understanding of the US legal system.
- An understanding of the core doctrines of intellectual property law.
- An ability to use legal authority and perform legal analysis.
- Proficiency in legal English in both written and oral communications.
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark & Unfair Competition.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Civil & Private Law Public Law View 126 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- Application Fee: $85
- Official, Sealed Academic Records
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Law School Admissions Test
International59380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59380 USD per year during 12 months.
National59380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59380 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.