The Education MA programme offered at the University of Northampton is wide-ranging and involves the study of: leadership, classroom cultures and also has an international and comparative aspect. While studying on this course you will complete a thesis, which is a significant piece of original research.
Throughout the Education course from University of Northampton we encourage you to engage with other students and professional colleagues in order to develop critical approaches to your study of education and your practical teaching.
The MA comprises of modules that can be studied one by one. A key element of many modules is the provision for ‘shared enquiry’, enabling you to engage with other professional colleagues and researchers in developing critical approaches to enquiry within practical education (and education-related) contexts.
There is a full time pathway through this MA. This is particularly targeted at international students and has a strong international and comparative flavour, although UK students are very welcome to apply. It consists of four compulsory modules and a thesis.
- Postgraduate qualifications can give you the opportunity for higher level responsibility and senior posts within education, children services and Further Education.
- This Education course from University of Northampton addresses the needs of local authorities in the East Midlands as well as the government agenda for continuing professional development and the development of teaching as a research based profession.
- Contemporary & international Issues in Early Years
- Supporting Parents and Developing Community
- International Perspectives on Education
- Practitioner Led Development Project
- Research Methods
- Principles and Practice in Action Research
- Reflecting on Professional Practice Through Autoethnography
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 433 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Northampton and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To study this course, you will need an honours degree, usually at 2:2 or above, from a UK institution or equivalent.
- If you have other qualifications and have recent professional experience of three years or more, you will also be considered.
- In this case you will be interviewed and asked to demonstrate that you have engaged with children’s services at graduate level or equivalent, by presenting a portfolio of your responsibilities in your work with children and young people.
- If you have master’s (level 7) credits from another course, including the PGCE, NPQH, or programmes run by University of Northampton, then it may be possible to credit these towards this degree.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK Part Time: £1,245 per 30 credits
- UK/International Online: £1,110 per 30 credits
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.