Students at Master of Professional Communications offered at Edith Cowan University will upscalee their oral communication techniques, learn how to write for specific audiences and become proficient at analysing digital texts. You’ll also learn best-practice communication strategies to manage interactions between organisations.
As part of the course and to contextualise your learning to your own interests and expertise, you’ll design and execute a Masters project. This will be a guided independent study that emphasises a process of inquiry, analysis, and synthesis of communications theory and practice to your own discipline.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, evaluate and synthesise complex concepts in authentic situations.
- Apply communication and collaboration skills to produce contributions to professional practice.
- Reflect critically on a complex body of knowledge, research principles and methods to demonstrate mastery of Communications principles.
- Use high level self management skills to plan and execute a substantial project.
- Effective Communication in Professional Contexts
- Media and Society in a Globalised World
- Advertising and Brand Awareness
- Methods of Inquiry
- Journalism in the New Media: Converged Environment
- Public Relations Strategies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend you apply as soon as you can. It's best to receive an offer as early as possible so you can prepare for orientation and semester start.
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Corporate Communication Digital Communication View 46 other Masters in Communication Studies in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 083661J
- If you've successfully completed units at an Australian, Canadian, American or UK university provider, you may meet English competency standards. Your academic transcript will need to be assessed by us.
International32300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32300 AUD per year during 24 months.
National19750 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19750 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.