This Finance and Banking coursework offered at Edith Cowan Universityprepares students to work in the dynamic financial services industry.
The course focuses on how individuals, financial institutions, businesses and governments make borrowing, lending and investment decisions.
Students will learn how to identify, analyse and interpret financial information and use industry-relevant databases and software.
The financial services industry demands graduates who can think critically and have an analytical approach to problem solving; attributes that students will develop through this course.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate mastery of a global body of financial knowledge and practice, including knowledge of research principles and methods in finance.
- Apply critical thinking and technical skills to solve authentic financial problems.
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Independently initiate, plan and execute a substantial project to meet agreed deliverables in the field of finance.
- Justify financial decisions and judgements that address complex issues considering the ethical and social consequences.
The course provides an internationally portable qualification, relevant to employment in the financial services sector worldwide including; investment and international banking, corporate treasury and money markets, funds management, financial planning, management consulting and more.
Possible future job titles
Financial Analyst, Financial Advisor, Finance Broker, Lending Manager, Investment and International Banker, Financial Planner, Management Consultant
- Business Finance
- Quantitative Skills for Business
- Accounting Concepts and Applications
- Economic Analysis for Business
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Credit and Lending Decisions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend you apply as soon as you can. It's best to receive an offer as early as possible so you can prepare for orientation and semester start.
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics Banking and Investment View 34 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 079115C
- All applicants are required to have an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than finance. Special entry may be considered for applicants with a finance-related undergraduate degree. Alternatively applicants can apply with at least five years appropriate professional experience.
International31100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31100 AUD per year during 24 months.
National24800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24800 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Joondalup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.