This master degree in Legal Studies is offered at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Administrators, business people, educators, public officials, engineers, scientists, physicians, and others often find themselves making decisions that have legal implications, and academics often find themselves researching interdisciplinary topics that have legal components. Yet people making such decisions or engaging in such research historically have not had the opportunity for any formal legal training unless they attend law school and pursue the Juris Doctor (JD) degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Although the JD is a prerequisite for practicing law, the University of Nebraska recognizes that not everyone who is interested in the law is interested in practicing law. That is why the Master of Legal Studies (MLS) degree program was developed.
- The MLS is designed for individuals who do not want to become practicing attorneys but who are interested in developing a better understanding of the law as it affects their non-legal careers or areas of study.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Legal Studies View 1078 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts and/or mark sheets showing the grades earned in each course
- A diploma or certificate of graduation. (Not required if the transcript includes the name of the degree and the date it was conferred.)
- The Diploma Supplement, if the degree is Bologna-compliant
International960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State332 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 332 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.