Get the skills and knowledge you need to create positive, inclusive learning environments and become a confident and effective educator.
Throughout the year you'll study both educational theory and practice while gaining real classroom experience at a school in the Wellington region.
After you graduate
You'll be ready for a rewarding career as a primary school teacher. The Teaching and Learning (Primary) programme offered at the Victoria University of Wellington will allow you to apply for provisional teacher registration from the Education Council, and to apply for a teaching positions in schools throughout New Zealand.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Challenges and opportunities in teaching
- Creating and sustaining an effective learning environment
- Matauranga Maori in the classroom
- Sustaining Evidence-based Practice
- Teaching English and Mathematics in the Primary Context
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 13 other Masters in Teaching in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant learning subject with a B average. Limited entry.
- You may also be required to demonstrate your proficiency in English.
International27375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27375 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National7952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7952 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Estimated international fees : NZ$43,750 for the full programme
- Estimated domestic fees : NZ$12,710 for the full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.