Basic science content is integrated with physiotherapy-specific course content across eight academic modules addressing the following transcurricular themes:
- Clinical reasoning and best practices
- Ethical reasoning and cultural sensitivity
- Professionalism, leadership and collaboration
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Therapeutic exercise Communication
- Health promotion and secondary prevention
Clinical placements (one - two week and five - six weeks duration), under professional supervision, are taken at a variety of facilities at intervals throughout the program.
The Physiotherapy program at Dalhousie University is designed to develop an educational qualification for entry to the physiotherapy profession.
Physiotherapy presents a variety of job opportunities. Physiotherapists may work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary health-care team. Physiotherapists can work in:
- Women’s health
- Sports physiotherapy
- Cardiorespiratory physiotherapy
- Health promotion
- Manual therapy
- Health care management and more
- Special Topics in Musculoskeletal
- Introduction to Computers for Data Acquistion and Processing
- Special Topics in Neurology
- Graduate Seminar Series: Basic and Applied Aspects of Rehabilitation
- Special Topics in Cardiac Rehabilitation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy View 154 other Masters in Public Health in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Dalhousie University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree
- Degree granted by university of recognized standing
- Complete the graduate application form (online application)
- Pay $115 application fee
- An official academic transcript and degree certificate (if degree conferral not stated on Transcripts) for each post-secondary institution attended
- Two academic reference letters
International22479 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22479 CAD per year during 24 months.
National15087 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15087 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Halifax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.