This Advanced Clinical Practice programme, offered by Teesside University, is also available as a degree apprenticeship. This course enables you to develop your personal and professional autonomy, providing you with a comprehensive and critical understanding of professional practice, ensuring that you are fit for future challenges within health and social care.
The course is flexible for multi-professional individuals from all areas of advanced practice within acute and primary care sectors – you access the same core modules. The negotiated competencies within the first-year portfolio module allow you the flexibility to ensure maximum relevance and application to your clinical area.
You have the opportunity to develop advanced and core transferable skills relevant to your area of practice – you develop your advanced clinical decision-making skills, using evidence-based approaches to care, lead innovation and practice, and develop high levels of autonomy. The course is developed in partnership with key stakeholders from practice and delivered by an experienced team with knowledge and academic credibility both within and outside of the University.
This multi-professional team has a wealth of experience in developing and delivering modules of this nature for healthcare professions at all academic levels. You study this course on a part-time basis over three years. You are supported through your studies by an academic supervisor and you also need to identify a practice supervisor. To access the apprenticeship route you must be working in a healthcare setting with relevant registration and be sponsored by your organisation.
How you learn
We use a range of teaching and learning methods throughout the course. These include key lectures, seminars, laboratory-based learning, structured resource-based learning, electronic discussion, action-learning sets, masterclasses, formative processes, tutorials, small-group work, research tutorials, practical skills-based sessions, reflective practice, independent working and work-based learning.
- Competencies for Advanced Practitioner
- Advanced Physical Assessment and Disease Management Skills
- Holistic Assessment and Clinical Management for Advanced Practice
- Developing Research Projects
- Advancing non-medical prescribing
- Negotiated Learning in advanced Clinical Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1971 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- have current registration with relevant professional healthcare body such as the Nursing and Midwifery Council or Health and Care Professions Council
- have an honour’s degree in a health-related subject
- work in a healthcare organisation, normally at equivalent of band 6 (or above) within an area of advanced practice.
- work in a role which requires diagnostic and therapeutic responsibility for a patient caseload for a minimum of 20 hours a week
- have a minimum of three years’, full-time or equivalent in part-time hours, post-registration clinical experience
- be able to organise for a suitable practitioner to act as a practice supervisor.
- need to show that you have achieve English and maths qualification at a minimum of Level 2 as within the general apprenticeship requirements
- are interviewed, and have a separate induction and a three-way progress review meeting at regular intervals between the employer, apprentice and University.
International1555 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1555 GBP per module during 36 months.
National680 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 680 GBP per module during 36 months.
per 20 credits
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.