Pathway 1 - aims to enable individuals from any health professional background to deepen their knowledge base and skills in a variety of areas of Rehabilitation Practice. In addition, students will have the opportunity to develop research or practice expertise in an area of Clinical Rehabilitation and to apply this to a specific research or evidence-based Practice Project.
Pathway 2 - enables students to review the principles and practice of Clinical Rehabilitation and then focus their study on one area of clinical practice including undertaking a significant Research Project.
Pathway 3 - enables students to review the principles and practice of Clinical Rehabilitation and then complete a 36 unit Thesis as a Research Higher Degree.
Specifically, the course aims to:
- review the principles and practice of Clinical Rehabilitation and apply these to contemporary practice;
- model a team approach to problem solving, assessment and management within rehabilitation;
- enable practitioners to analyse and apply evidence-based practice in rehabilitation;
- enable students to study rehabilitation approaches and/or interventions across a number of practice areas or on one area in detail.
Graduates can work in both public and private health care organisations. They may also work in teaching, managerial or research positions.
- Using Virtual Reality and Robotics in Neuro-rehabilitation
- Applied Exercise Therapy in Rehabilitation
- Psychosocial Aspects of Clinical Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Rehabilitation of Degenerative Neurological Disorders
- Rehabilitation of Musculoskeletal Disorders
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 298 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Applicants who do not hold the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Rehabilitation or the Graduate Diploma in Clinical Rehabilitation must normally hold an approved degree or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution and have not less than two years work experience in a relevant clinical area. However, the Dean (Education) may, under certain circumstances and subject to specific conditions, admit others who can show evidence of fitness for candidature.
International34200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34200 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National24423 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24423 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.