Learn to create innovative interiors that respond well to the many demands of spaces performance, identity, mood and physical comfort. Examine how design can affect the way people experience, interact with and move through an interior.
You'll gain an expansive knowledge of design through considering interiors in a range of contexts social and cultural, ecological and technological, historical and contemporary. Study Interior Architecture in detail and examine the relationships between materials, people and space.
Learn through a combination of taught courses and a self-directed, design-led research thesis or portfolio on the Interior Architecture offered at the Victoria University of Wellington .
As an Interior Architecture graduate, you might work as a specialist within an interior design or architecture firm, or in the interior division of a large, multidisciplinary design company.
You might also work as an exhibition designer, stage or screen set designer or retail designer. Other jobs may include lighting designer, furniture designer or environmental designer. You might also make a career in teaching or research.
- Architecture and dystopia
- Housing and public infrastructure
- Parametric design and digital agency
- Contextual shifts
- Responsive environments and robotics
- People and designed environments
- Corporate spheres and community spaces
- Public ecologies
- Settling regional landscapes
- Indigenous materials
- History and theory.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design View 21 other Masters in Architecture in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You may also be required to demonstrate your proficiency in English.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Architecture, Architectural Studies or an approved alternative, with a B average.
International30243 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30243 USD per year during 24 months.
National7151 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7151 USD per year during 24 months.
- Estimated international fees : NZ$42,271 per year
- Estimated domestic fees : NZ$9,996 per year
Living costs for Wellington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.