Learn through a combination of taught courses and a written thesis or research portfolio that involves self-directed, design-led research. You'll graduate with a range of design projects that demonstrate mastery in your area of interest. The Architecture (Professional) programme is offered at the Victoria University of Wellington.
CareersYou'll graduate ready for a career in mainstream architecture in a private practice or a government organisation.However, your broad range of skills will be adaptable to many related careers so you will also find opportunities outside the mainstream profession. These might include urban planner or urban designer, interior designer, stage or movie set designer, property developer, project manager, teacher or researcher or work in construction law.
- Architecture and dystopia
- Housing and public infrastructure
- Parametric design and digital agency
- Contextual shifts
- Responsive environments and robotics
- People and designed environments
- Corporate spheres and community spaces
- Public ecologies
- Settling regional landscapes
- Indigenous materials
- History and theory
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArchitecture Physics Mechanical Engineering View 21 other Masters in Architecture in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You may also be required to demonstrate your proficiency in English.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, or an approved alternative, with a B average.
International24704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24704 USD per year during 24 months.
National6114 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6114 USD per year during 24 months.
- Estimated international fees : NZ$39,900
- Estimated National fees: NZ$9,876 per year
Living costs for Wellington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.