The lectures of the Materials Science program, offered at the Darmstadt University of Technology, on theoretical material science include quantum mechanics, non-equilibrium thermodynamics, and continuum mechanics. Students need very good knowledge in the fundamentals of materials science, especially in semiconductors, functional ceramics, metals and polymers.
Graduates find employment in areas such as materials and materials development, materials technology (ie the development of new manufacturing and processing methods), in application technology, material testing/quality control and damage analysis.
They work not only in the industry, such as the automotive, Lutfahrt-, chemical, semiconductor, health industry or in the energy industry, but also for example in the administration or insurance.
- Research Lab
- Advanced Research Lab & Seminar
- Functional Materials
- Surfaces and Interfaces
- Theoretical Methods in Materials Science
- Advanced Characterization Methods of Materials Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Engineering Management General Engineering & Technology View 45 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Requirements for admission to the Master’s degree program are comprised of a Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Materials Science of the Technical University of Darmstadt or an equivalent degree. Admission to the Master’s Degree program may also depend on additional requirements.
- Specific degree entrance requirements may be found here and in the competences description.
- Passed entrance examination in three subjects. The entrance examination may be waived if suitability can be proven beyond doubt, particularly by producing a B.Sc. in Materials Science of the Technical University of Darmstadt or an equivalent degree.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Semester and administration fees are payable to TU Darmstadt every semester.
Living costs for Darmstadt
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.