Important aspects, of the Distributed Software Systems programme at the Darmstadt University of Technology, are the underlying software infrastructure as well as the data exchange via public supraregional networks. The curriculum covers a wide range of topics, including the development of distributed enterprise software and general web-based applications. Other topics include the development of social networks or virtual realities.
The choice areas Computer Networking and Systems Software , Distributed Systems and Formal Methods , Programming Languages and Software Engineering can be chosen as well. Numerous options allow students to follow their own personal preferences.
Graduates of the master program Distributed Software Systems look to a labor market with a high demand for skilled workers - especially in Germany, one of the leading nations in the development of enterprise applications.
Computer scientists in this field realize new software projects for innovative business ideas, or adapt existing systems to new challenges, in the form of the technical mapping of complex business processes. In addition, diverse perspectives open up outside of the classical area of software development for companies, because what they have learned is also used in the development of general, web-based software, such as in the field of social networks or virtual realities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elective area Distributed Systems
- Elective area Computer Networking and Systems Software
- Elective area Formal Methods, Programming
- Languages and Software Engineering
- Elective area course-related achievements
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 20 other Masters in Software Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Requirements for admission to the Master’s degree programme are comprised of a Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Computer Science or an equivalent degree. Admission to the Master’s Degree programme may also depend on additional requirements.
- For the admission to the Master of Science programme in Distributed Software Systems,.
- The Department of Computer Science has implemented an entrance examination for the study program Distributed Software Systems.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Semester and administration fees are payable to TU Darmstadt every semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.